NSPE-California would love to showcase some of our members and let you share some of the reasons that got you interested in professional engineering. Would you like to be featured in our California Engineers column in our newsletter?
TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF
As a valued member of CSPE, we invite you to participate in our new discussion board for California Engineers. We'll be using this spot for introductions and discussion topics ranging from artificial intelligence, PEs and emerging technologies, and other local issues important to California Engineers.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
Announcing Two New Openings for Regional Leadership Roles representing Monterey and San Luis Obispo/Central Coast
Are you an NSPE-California interested in a high-visibility leadership role?
We're looking for a current NSPE volunteer member who would be up for the challenge of organizing and leading PE events in these local regions:
- Monterey Peninsula Region
- Central Coast Region (covering San Luis Obispo / Paso Robles and surrounding areas)
Leadership Benefits to Participants
- The role provides the opportunity for ambitious individuals with a passion for project management, networking and technical development to broaden their professional scope, become the face of NSPE-California in the region and help energize and connect local Professional Engineers and EITs to one another.
- A great way to grow your personal brand while gaining practical leadership skills outside of your daily work commitments.
- All the exposure and volunteer experience of leading a regional technical non-profit without the excess bureaucracy.
- Manage a budget which funds local member-value driven activities
- Plan and host local speakers, ranging from mini-conferences and dinner events to informal coffee meetups in the region
- Serve as a representative of your region to the NSPE-California Board of Directors, with visibility to NSPE National.
- NSPE member in good standing with membership dues up to date for the current fiscal year (July 1, 2018–June 30, 2019)
- Holds an EIT or PE license (in any state)
Become a speaker in our 2019 NSPE-California Events Program!
Do you have a topic you would like to present to your fellow California Engineers?
This year we'll be focusing on four main themes:
- Future of the Professional Engineering License
- The Impact of Emerging Technologies on PE Licensure
- Lawyer Engineer: At the Intersection of the State Regulations, Public safety and Professional Engineering
- California Projects: Success Stories and Lessons Learned from Projects Across the Golden State
If you have a topic that you would like to share in any of these areas, click the button below. We will have a rolling application process and an option to present locally in person at your home region or virtually.
We can't wait to hear about what our California Engineers have to share with the rest of the engineering profession!
SUBMIT A PROPOSAL